Free Delivery Northern Suburbs | Minimum order R 600
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius
- To make the sauce
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over a medium heat, add in the flour and whisk until well combined, slowly add the milk while mixing so that lumps do not form.
- Whisk well until all the milk is incorporated and thick, add in cheese and mix until melted, add in the two cups of frozen vegetables, the heat of the sauce will begin cooking them.
- Set aside.
- Coat the chicken fillets in half the oil with the BBQ spice and salt and pepper to taste, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken fillets for 8-10 minutes turning every few minutes until cooked through. Cool slightly and shred.
- Place sauce, and shredded chicken into a oven proof dish. Cover with puff pasty or phyllo pasty - if using phyllo pastry, brush with melted butter then crinkle into balls over the mixture. Brush the puff pasty with some melted butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes until pastry is cooked through and browned.
- Serve with a side salad.
Need some more inspiration?
Eat like a king
No need for a kings ransom to eat
like a KING! Browse our growing list of mouth watering Gourmet & Basic meals for inspiration.
Share your Chicken Recipes with CAPE
KING FOODS Instagram
Weekly Specials & Recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Join our newsletter and be the first
to receive our weekly specials. We also share mouthwatering recipes lovingly created by our
We notifying our team of your message!
It will not be long.